Thursday, October 1, 2009

Drool fest!

Alright even though I'm nearing my A level exams, I still succumbed to the temptation of baking. Here's a few pictures of what I baked/cooked/ate! Some are from wayyyyyyyyy back but some are pretty recent (:

Yummy eggtarts (recipe courtesy of auntyyochana!)

Gorgeous Chinese New Year (CNY) peanut cookies which I baked with my mom (: recipe was from some website I found but didn't bookmark. Oops.

Uncooked mini shrimp rolls (mom's own recipe! heheh)
Please don't be deceived by it's raw uncooked texture and sight, it tastes fabulous once deep fried! :D Although, they do taste pretty darn good raw if I do say so myself. HAH.

It's a chocolate-rice-chocolate-chip-m&m-failure-icing-coated CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKE! Which doubled as my mom's birthday cake in 2008 :] (recipe courtesy of cupcakerecipe!)
Admitted, it looks kind of amateur and gross. But trust me, the cupcake tastes good! :D

Okay I didn't make these. They were storeboughts! Seriously, Bakerzin bakes awesome stuff! These are just a few pastries that my mom bought to let us try one night. Check out the super nice paperbag!

Look at this cute Hello Kitty mooncake that my mom's colleague made! It was snowskin with lotus paste and some white chocolate inside. It was her first attempt at making mooncakes but I have to say they taste pretty good (: Although I'm not a big fan of mooncakes (because they are bloody fattening! I can save the calories and eat baked sweets hahah!), during the Mid-Autumn Festival every year I try to eat a bit just to appreciate chinese goodies. Sounds like I'm forcing food down my throat? A bit. But they taste alright I guess. Mom bought some hotel's mooncakes which are also snowskin with lotus paste and chocolate this year. Ate them too lol.

Okay i took the photo from here. Didn't manage to take photos of what I ate from BreadSociety - chocolate bagel + raisin loaf. Both taste fab btw (: Am already a huge fan of that shop! It's like the more exclusive version of home grown brand BreadTalk (which btw is the parent company). The chef's a Japanese who apparently is quite famous! Oh and they have a gorgeous logo which translates to a gorgeous paperbag! :D

These pictures DO NOT do justice to what I've been eating and what has been churning out of my oven the past year and a half since I started baking. Just last week, my sister and I made Shepherd's Pie and it was awesome! Okay it could have been way better but I thought it was pretty awesome lol.

Oh yes, ever since the baking supplies shop at Jurong East closed down (why oh why!!!!!), I haven't been able to source for another supply shop. That is until my aunt and Felicia told me about this Phoon Huat store at Holland V. Haven't made a personal trip there yet but since I can get a discount, courtesy of my aunt (TYVM!), I might as well schedule one as soon as possible! Simply can't wait to try my hand at Jelly Hearts! This cheesecake which Felicia baked recently that has this red jelly on top of a cheesecake. I've been longing to bake a cheesecake!! But if I bake it, there's nobody to be my tester :/ Although I know Rinita would love to be my guinea pig (thank you love!) but she might not be coming to school next week and the cheesecake might go bad :/ :/ Sucks. Maybe I could bake a smaller portion... But then again, I don't know the serving size because it kind of varies. Hmm...

Note to self: buy springform tin!!!!

Bite me!
Cheryl (:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails