Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The best way to start the day



"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day"
That is what I strongly believe in. The day can only proceed right if you start it right! Right? (:



Today I have the luxury of slacking the day away, because Alevels are OVER! (sort of) Well I have a remaining Physics mcq on Monday next week but there's still time for me to laze around and BAKE. My sister requested for Chocolate Chip Pancakes! Awesome way to start the day if you ask me. But I would have preferred to use Wholemeal Flour, just to make it seem healthier hahah. But there are 2 problems: 1, I'm the only one in my family who eats wholemeal (grain) stuff. 2, I have to use up the self-rising flour left in the cupboards. They turned out gorgeous according to my sister, and I trust her taste! (: So here's the recipe.


Yummy Chocolate Chip Pancakes
adapted from joyofbaking.com
makes about 7 3"pancake



1/2 cup self-raising flour
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbsp granulated white sugar
1/2 egg
1/2 cup low-fat (HL) milk
1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted


1. Whisk flour, salt and sugar together in a big bowl.


2. Whisk egg, milk and melted butter in another bowl.


3. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Add the chocolate chips at this point (or blueberries, bananas etc - optional)


4. Heat a frying pan/griddle over medium high heat.


5. Brush the pan with a little butter so the pancakes don't stick.*


6. Using a small ladle, pour a ladle-full of the pancake batter.


7. Flip the pancakes when bottom of the pancakes are brown and bubbles start to appear on the surface.


8. Cook until lightly brown on both sides.


9. Serve with butter, maple syrup, chocolate syrup, fruits or whatever you feel like having (:


*I used a non-stick pan to fry the pancakes so I didn't use any butter. Healthy living ftw! :D





While I love cooking up a storm for breakfast, I personally prefer eating something else - nutella and peanut butter on wholemeal toast!! It's sort of my everyday staple. Although I'm Asian, I prefer bread to rice. Call me crazy but I love bread! Of course with dollops of nutella and peanut butter. Mmmm yum!


EDIT:


I just found out that there's such a thing as World Nutella Day on 5th Feb! Okay, I shall attempt to bake something that contains nutella next year on that day :D


I love Nutella!!

2 comments:

Tim said...

Now I'm really hungry. Heading to the fridge for some batter blaster pancakes. Stuff is good.

Cheryl said...

hahah you should try making your own from scratch! more satisfaction (:

Related Posts with Thumbnails