It's always nice to have someone to bake with, be it a friend or a family member. The baking gets done in half the time and the success always seems twice as sweet.
Felicia, my baking buddy, came around to my house last year during the holidays to get some baking done. The two of us are secondary school friends and have remained close ever since! We were in the same CCA (dance) and although we went to different JCs, we made it a point to study together. It was the end of last year that we discovered our similar passion for baking, hence the closer friendship (: It is amazing how baking breaks down walls and soothes the soul (which explains why I am having baking-withdrawal-syndromes during A's now). World leaders should just bake together and everything will be alright.
Peanut Butter Cookies (made with love)
adapted from joyofbaking.com
makes about 40 cookies
170g unsalted butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated white sugar & extra for glazing
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy up to you)
2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped peanuts/chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with parchment or baking paper.
2. Cream butter and sugars in a bowl, about 2-3min using electric mixer. Beat in the peanut butter.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Beat until incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Add into the peanut butter mixture and fold in peanuts/chocolate chips at this stage.
6. Roll the batter into 1" balls and arrange on the parchment paper. Use a fork dipped in the white granulated sugar to make # patterns
7. Bake for 10-12 min or until cookies are lightly browned around the edges.
8. Cool and serve!
Enjoy baking with friends. It's one of life's simple pleasures (:
Bite me!Cheryl :D