Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tuesday morning madness



Can you believe I got up at 8am just to BAKE?
Yes of course you can, because you probably would do the same if you were an avid baker! :D

I actually had an appointment at 10.15am at the nearby bt panjang so I had to get up early anyway. What amazes me is that I managed to clear the oven and the junk on top (to prevent any plastics from melting), prepare the ingredients, wash the equipment, bake and get ready to leave house by 9.50am! Although I was a little late, even though I cabbed there, I managed to make it there by 10.20am tops. It was amazing. So this recipe is probably one of the speediest ones I found so far (:

These Mini Brownie Bites were found from one of the blogs I hopped to this morning before I got down to baking. They looked appetising and seemed easy enough for a morning bake. Since my sister wanted to eat brownies for a long time, I decided it would be a good choice. Although it's not really a brownie since it has a muffin-like texture which is moist and intense, it still does have the smell of a brownie :D Awesome for a first attempt hahah.


Mini Brownie Bites
adapted from Baking from My Home to Yours - Brownie Buttons (a TWD-chosen recipe from quite long ago)
makes 12 mini cupcakes (about 1.5-2")

1/4 cup + 2 tbsp self-raising flour
1/8 tsp salt
57g unsalted butter cut into small cubes
71g bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped*
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg


1. Preheat oven to 180°C and butter a mini muffin pan with 12 slots (I used a non-stick pan so I skipped the butter).


2. Whisk the flour and salt together in a bowl.


3. Melt the butter, chocolate and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and cool when all has melted and mix until thoroughly combined.


4. Stir the vanilla extract and egg into the cooled chocolate mixture.


5. Add the flour and mix well. Add any dried fruits, chocolate chips etc in at this stage. I didn't add any because I forgot to :/



6. Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin pan and bake on the middle rack for 10-14min or until stick inserted comes out clean. Do not overbake! Otherwise they will be hard and burnt around the edges.

*Again I used Ghiradelli's 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate buttons (: They come in handy very often!

It's a recommended recipe by me because I like the texture of the bites! Do try it and let me know how it comes out (:

Oh and I also want to know any other recommended brownie recipes since I haven't been able to find one yet. So please leave a comment to help me out! Thanks!! :D


PS: My blog has finally been verified for the foodieblogroll! Super happy hahah

5 comments:

megan said...

your blog post made me smile. Unfortunately I am not a chocolate cake fan, so I probably would only make these for my husband. But I'm glad I found your blog.

the twins said...

those look so good! i'll have to try this recipe soon. i am impressed that you woke up so early to bake. i tend to bake when i wake up early and can't sleep, but i would never intentionally wake up at 8 am =)

Cheryl said...

megan: hey! your comment made me smile too (: i would actually like to venture into other types of flavours but my family doesn't like baked/cooked fruits, which is a real pity.

the twins: hahah thank you!! they are really good (: my natural alarm clock seems to be adjusted to 8-8plus, which is really bad

Abby said...

I LOVE brownies, and these bites are the perfect size!

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails