Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's been a while

Happy 2010!

Fine I know I'm like 6 days late but this is my first post of the new year! WMB has survived the new year with a rather decent number of recipes uploaded. Because of this blog, I ventured into baking new goodies I would never have dreamed of baking before! Would I call this blog my motivation to bake? Maybe. But I haven't been baking as much as I had imagined I would these past few weeks after the yuletide celebrations.

Reason? Probably due to the desperate meetups with long-time-no-see friends and dancers, job hunting, potential job interviews etc etc. I'm going for an interview later on in the afternoon and I really do hope I get this job! It's a rather demanding job but I think I need something challenging to spur me on during this 6 months. Otherwise, I might just lag the whole period away and that would be rather disastrous! I've also signed up for driving lessons (yes I'm 18 already!) and am taking my Basic Theory Test (BTT) on 4 feb! Wish me luck hahah (: Although friends who have taken the test already say its beyond easy, I fail to see why. Maybe this driving business just doesn't come naturally to me? Idk. I really do hope I'll pass it on the first try because it would be humiliating to fail even the most basic test :/

Ah well, I'll be sure to start baking as soon as possible whenever I have free time on my hands! As for this post, it shall be filled with descriptions of mom's extravagant New Year's Eve feast (no pictures because I couldn't find the cable!). We went grocery shopping at ntuc's Fairprice Finest and saw many frozen seafood items on sale. Being kiasu Singaporeans, we grabbed most of them. In the end, the freezer was overstocked. But it was obviously better than having an understocked freezer right? Hahah so in the end, mom prepared Escargots, Pepper-seared Tuna, Cucumber and Tomato Salad, Garlic Bread, Scallops in their shells topped with Fried Garlic and Smoked Salmon. It was a sumptuous meal to welcome the New Year don't you think? Although it wasn't the healthiest way to start the year, it was the most delicious (:

My sister has been asking me to bake her Chocolate Souffles from this new book I got for Christmas (will upload photos of it later on)! It will be a challenge but I'm sure I'll be able to handle it. Anticipate! :D

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails